Current Events - September 2013 - National Current Events
02. Rajya Sabha also passes Food Security Bill.
03. Gujarat DIG Vanzara resigns accusing Modi government of framing police officers in encounter cases. Manmohan Singh says vast majority of papers in Coalgate cases have been handed over to CBI.
05. Indian Olympic Association continues to be suspended as it has not complied with all lOC recommendations.
06. India expresses happiness that G-20 countries have accepted readiness to minimise volatility in capital flows.
08. India witnesses huge fall in sex ratio Leander Paes and partner Stepanek win US Open men's doubles title.
09. UP sets up panel to probe the causes of Muzzafarnagar clashes.
10. Jumpa Lahiri's book The Lowland shortlisted for 2013 Man Booker Prize.
11. ISRO prepares to launch the Mars Orbiter Mission between October 21 and November 19.
12. India's industrial production records 2.6 per cent growth in July.
13. BJP officially names Narendra Modi as its 2014 Prime Ministerial candidate. Death sentence awarded to the four convicts in the December 16 Delhi gang rape case - BCCI bans Sreesanth and Ankeet Chavan for life.
14. BJP leader L. K. Advani upset over Modi's choice as Prime Ministerial candidate.
15. India's nuclear weapons-capable missile Agni-VI successfully launched.
17. Supreme Court backs Centre on withdrawing fuel subsidy.
19. External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid says nuclear liability law will not be diluted.
20. An army report that former Army Chief General V. K. Singh has set up a secret intelligence unit raises storm - RBI hikes repo rate.
21. Meiyappan, son-in-law of BCCI President Srinivasan, among 3 chargesheeted in IPL conspiracy.
22. India, a top target of NASA's surveillance.
25. BCCI expels former IPL commissioner Lalit Modi.
26. Fidayeen militant group's strike on police and army formations in Jammu kills 12.
27. Rahul Gandhi calls ordinance to protect convicted MPs 'nonsense' - Supreme Court order says voters should be given the option to reject all candidates.
28. Manmohan Singh in his UN General Assembly speech slams Pakistan-based terror.
29. Manmohan-Nawaz Sherif meeting in New York decides to entrust Directors General of Military Operations the task of finding peace along LoC.