General Knowledge Quiz - 4
2. Quiz: What lies between Colon and Balboa?
The Panama Canal
3. Quiz: What is divided or classified according to the Dewey decimal classification system?
Books in a library or knowledge
4. Quiz: What is divided into three types ballas, bort and carbonado?
5. Quiz: The world's largest rock is regarded as sacred by the Aborgines. What is it called?
6. Quiz: Who were the Piccards?
A Swiss family of scholars, scientists and explorers noted for their contributions to science and public affairs. They included Auguste Piccard who explored the upper atmosphere and his twin Jean-Felix, who descended to a depth of 3150 metres.
7. Quiz: Who is Don Stephen Senanayake?
First PM of Ceylon after its independence from Britain in 1948
8. Quiz: What is the current name of Batavia?
Djakarta, Capital of Java and Indonesia.
9. Quiz: In demography what is the difference between fertility and fecundity?
The actual frequency of births is fertility and the biological capacity for reproduction is fecundity
10. Quiz: Hana Matsuri or the Flower Festival is one of Japan's most important festivals. What does it celebrate?
The Buddha's birthday
11. Quiz: What is the strait between Greenland and Iceland called?
The Strait of Denmark.
12. Quiz: What is legal fiction?
Presumptuous as true something that is clearly false. (Example: if a legislature has no power, according to law, to sit beyond midnight, the clock is slowed down)
13. Quiz: Five of the six highest railway stations in the world are in China. Where is the sixth one?
14. Quiz: Complete the advertising slogan by PETA (People for Ethical Treatment of Animals): "It takes up to 40 dumb animals to make a fur coat but ... ?
"only one to wear it".
15. Quiz: On the banks of which river is Jammu situated?
16. Quiz: What was established by Henri Desgrange in 1903?
The Tour de France
17. Quiz: What, in education, is tracking or streaming?
The isolation in classes of pupils who are homogenous in age or intellectual ability.
18. Quiz: Which was the first Himalayan peak beyond 8000 metres to be scaled?
Annapurna, on June 3, 1950 by a French expedition led by Maurice Herzog.
19. Quiz: Give the full form of CAT scan.
Computerised axial tomography.
20. Quiz: How many members can one US state send to the US Senate?
Two (irrespective of the population of the state).
21. Quiz: The Croats and the Serbians use two different alphabets; the Croats use the Roman script and the Serbians use Cyrillic. Their religions show a similar difference. What is it?
Croats are Roman Catholics and Serbs are Eastern Orthodox Christians.
22. Quiz: Who established the Noble prize for Economics?
The Bank of Sweden in the year of 1968
23. Quiz: Who first formulated the philosophical doctrine of dialectical materialism?
24. Quiz: Who said that in a post-industrial society the rate of change is such that "reality seems like a kaleidoscope run wild" and also that "Change is avalanching on our heads and most people are unable to cope with it."
That is Alvin Toffler in Future Shock
25. Quiz: Which respected scholar and historian served as India's ambassador to China between 1948 and 1952?
26. Quiz: Who developed the system of library classification ca lied the Colon Classification?
S R Ranganathan
27. Quiz: Saddam Hussein was the leader of Iraq's Baath or Baathist party. What does the word 'baath' mean in Arabic?
Renaissance or resurgence.
28. Quiz: Who introduced into sociology the idea of charisma?
29. Quiz: What is Parkinson's Law?
That work expands so as to fill the time available for its finishing point.
30. Quiz: Which psychologist spoke of the pleasure principle?