Calendar of Current Events – April 2014
1. Supreme Court declines to review commutation of death sentence to life imprisonment of three Rajiv Gandhi assassination convicts.
3. Mumbai police receives counter-terror equipment worth $300,000 from the United States.
4. PSLV puts India's 2nd navigation satellite, the Indian Regional Navigati0n Satellite System (IRNSS), into precise orbit.
5. Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy reveals that India's solar capacity has cr0ssed 2,500MW
6. India opposes US view that the Khobragade episode is closed saying there are residual issues which need to be addressed.
8. The offer of All Parties Hurriyat Conference chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq to help solve the Kashmir issue draws a cold response from the Indian Government.
9. India's Mars Orbiter spacecraft completes half of its 68-crore km journey to the red planet.
12. Government Farooq decides to give the 45th Dadhabhai Phalke Award to veteran lyricist and director Guizar for his contributions to the Indian cinema.
15. Supreme Court refuses to allow N. Srinivasan to function as BCCI President as long as the probe into the IPL betting scandal is on.
16. Suraj Venjaranmoodu and Rajkumar Rao Adjudged best actors and Geetanjali Tapa the best actress when the 61st film
festival announced the 2014 winners.
17. Vice-Admiral R.K. Dhowan appointed Navy Chief superseding Vice-Admiral Sekhar Sinha.
21. Supreme Court lifts mining ban in Goa but declares 1 km buffer zone around national parks and sanctuaries as non-mining areas.
22. Election Commission bars VHP leader Pravin Togadia for his highly inflammable speech inciting communal passions,
23. A notice from the Directorate General Civil Aviation (DGCA) allows the use of portable electronic devices including cell phones in flight modes in all phases of flights.
25. The latest sample survey shows that West Bengal topped all states in the creation of more jobs in the manufacturing section between 2004 and 2011.
26. Indian Air Force successfully testfires two Akash ground-to-air missiles which hit targets 25 kms away.
27. Justice Rajendra Mal Lodha sworn in as the 41" Chief Justice of India.
28. Indian environment activist Ramesh Aggarval wins the prestigious Golden Environmental Prize also known as 'Green
29. Nobel iaureate Amartya Sen says eradication of polio and taming of AIDS have been the biggest achievements of the UPA government, not the nuclear deal
30. Data collected by a World Bank group shows India has replaced Japan as he third largest economy in the world.