Calendar of Current Events – March 2014
2. Cabinet okays inclusion of Jats in the OBC list.
3. G. Rohini, seniormost judge of Andhra Pradesh High Court, set to become the first woman Chief Justice of Delhi High Court.
4. Manmohan Singh underscores Jaffna demilitarisation.
6. Former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Reddy forms a new party that will 'fight for the self-respect of the Telugu people'.
7. Another accident hits Indian Navy as a gas leak on board INS Kolkata kills a naval officer.
8. Nirbhaya, a play based on the gang-rape of a girl in Delhi in 2012, runs to packed audiences in London.
9. Satya Nadella, recently appointed Microsoft CEO, says he is proud that India is a source of global tech talent.
11. Fifteen security personnel killed in a Maoist ambush in south Chattisgarh.
12. Prof. Sanjay K. Agarval, Head of Nephrology, AIIMS, observes that one in 10 Indians suffers from chronic kidney disease.
13. A US court throws out visa fraud case against Indian diplomat Devyani Kobragade saying she had full diplomatic immunity.
14. Inflation in India slips to a 9-month low of 4.8 per cent in February.
18. India, China sign a Memorandum of Understanding on IT cooperation.
20. Writer, historian and columnist Khushwant Singh passes away in New Delhi at 99
21. Bhopal journalist Shubranshu Choudhary wins the 2014 Digital/ Activism Award from U.K.-based charity organisation Index on Censorship.
22. President Pranab Mukherjee presents gallantry award - the Shourya Chakra - posthumously to service personnel who lost their lives while courageously discharging their duties.
23. Alleged Indian Mujahideen operative and Pakistan national Zia-ur-Rahman alias Waqas, wanted in connection with multiple serial blasts across India, arrested in Jodhpur.
24. Indian rupee appreciates 12 paise against the dollar to end at an over 6-and-a-half-month closing peak of 60.77.
25. Delhi police arrests Tehsin Akhtar, alias Monu, the defacto chief of the Indian Mujahideen.
27. Supreme Court suggests replacing Srinivasan by Sunil Gavaskar as BCCI President until the betting scandal is dealt with.
28. Indian Air Force's military transport aircraft C -130J 'Super Hercules' crashes near Gwalior killing all five Air Force personnel on board.
29. India's Viswanathan Anand sets up a re-match with Magnus Carlsen winning the Candidates' chess tournament with a round to spare.
31. Supreme Court commutes death sentence of 1993 Delhi bomb blast case convict and Khalistani terrorist Devindrapal Singh Bhullar to life term.