Calendar of Current Events – February 2014
3. The cross-LoC bus service between Jammu & Kashmir and Pakistan-occupied Kashmir resumes after a 2-week break,
4. Renowned scientist C.N.R. Rao and cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar conferred Bharat Ratna, the uppermost civilian award of the country.
5. A solidarity statement by 300 eminent Indian citizens opposes death penalty.
6. FIR against former Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit lodged in a streetlight project scam connected with the 2010 Commonwealth games.
8. India assures that the two Italian marines accused of killing Indian fishermen will not be tried under the act which carries death penalty
9. Indian Olympic Association elects new body under their revised constitution with N. Ramachandran as President.
10. President Pranab Mukherjee clears the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill, 2o13.
11. International Olympic Committee lifts the ban on Indian Olympic Association. • Penguin India agrees to withdraw U.S Indologist Wendy Doniger's book The Hindus: An Alternative History.
12. Railway Minister Mallikarjun Kharge leaves passenger and freight charges untouched in his interim budget for 2014- 15.
13. Use of pepper spray, clashes and suspension of 17 M.Ps over the creation of Telangana State bring Lok Sabha proceedings to an unprecedented low.
14. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal resigns as his attempt to introduce the Jan Lokpal bill in the Delhi Assembly is defeated.
15. Union Cabinet decides to recommend president's rule in Delhi and to keep the assembly in suspended animation.
17. Finance Minister P Chidambaram's interim budget offers sops to boost consumer demand.
18. Lok Sabha passes Telangana Bill capping months of turmoil inside and outside parliament.
19. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiren Reddy resigns in protest against the creation of Telangana State.
23. Defence Minister A.K. Antony says Indian forces will never plot a coup against government.
26. Indian Navy Chief Admiral D.K. Joshi resigns after a fire on submarine INS Sindhuratna owning 'moral responsibility for accidents and incidents during the past few months'.
27. Two naval officers confirmed dead in the fire that hit Indian Navy submarine INS Sindhuratna.
28. Union cabinet recommends President's rule in Andhra Pradesh keeping the assembly in suspended animation.