General Knowledge Quiz - 1
2. Quiz: What is the name of the traditional Japanese style of fencing with wooden swords?
3. Quiz: What is Altamira in northern Spain famous for?
Caves with pre-historic paintings and engravings.
4. Quiz: In 1936 Gandhi shifted his ashram to Segaon from Sabarmati. What new name did Gandhi give the village?
5. Quiz: Plato taught in an olive grove outside Athens. It became a kind of school. What was it called?
6. Quiz: In ancient Greek city states the central district would be built on a hilltop and it would contain the chief municipal and religious buildings. What was this place called?
7. Quiz: Who are the legendary founders of Rome?
Romulus and Remes
8. Quiz: What are the most reliable industrial shares on a stock exchange called?
9. Quiz: Where is Neanderthal?
In Germany, near Dusseldorf
10. Quiz: Which Greek statesman is called 'the father of democracy'?
11. Quiz: Jan Paderewski was already famous when he became Poland's first Prime Minister in 1917. As what?
12. Quiz: 'Unfriend' is an expression associated with Facebook. Who first used the expression 'unperson'?
George Orwell in 1984
13. Quiz: Over which river does Trajan's river span?
14. Quiz: Who is the Wen Ti?
The Chinese god of literature
15. Quiz: What is Fabian socialism?
Socialism through reform rather than through violence and revolution.
16. Quiz: For whom was the supreme principal of morality the" categorical imperative"?
17. Quiz: What is the Law of Economy or the Law of Parsimony better known as?
Ockham's razor (" Entities are not to be multiplied beyond necessity".)
18. Quiz: What was Fleet Street famous for?
19. Quiz: Name India's equivalent of Wall St, New York City.
Dalal Street, Mumbai
20. Quiz: Which two bodies of land are separated by the Strait of Messina?
Sicily and Italy
21. Quiz: Name the three Pakistani cities which have served as capitals since independence.
Karachi, Rawalpindi and Islamabad
22. Quiz: What is the language of the Gypsies?
23. Quiz: In law what is a subpoena?
A writ commanding a witness to appear before a court of law
24. Quiz: What is psychokinesis?
The supposed ability of the mind to move physical objects
25. Quiz: Which sea surrounds the island of Majorca?
26. Quiz: Which is the world's smallest ocean?
The Arctic Ocean
27. Quiz: Who is the chief law officer of a state in India?
The Attorney General.
28. Quiz: In Spain live a race of people who call themselves Euskotarak. The Spanish call them Vascos or Vascongadas. What is their more popular name?
29. Quiz: An American psychologist John Broadus Watson founded a school of psychology. Name it.
30. Quiz: What in architecture is a setback?
A step-like recession in the facade of a building