Current Events – July 2013 - National Current Events
02. India turns down Snowden's plea for asylum - Indian expatriates relieved as Saudi King extends Nitaqak (naturalisation) deadline by four months.
03. Union Cabinet approves Food Bill ordinance • Central government tells Supreme Court that CBI will be given functional autonomy.
04. Vikas Gowda wins men's discus gold for India at the Asian Athletics championship.
05. Congress strikes alliance with Jharkhand Mukti Morcha ahead of general elections.
06. India, China agree to rebuild fragile defence ties as Defence Minister A. K. Antony concludes China visit.
07. The Bodh Gaya temple complex in Bihar rocked by a series of explosions.
08. Heavy rainfall hits flood relief operations in Uttarakhand.
09. The Bodh Gaya blasts case handed over to the National Investigation Agency.
11. Political parties deeply concerned over Supreme Court verdict that a person
in custody cannot contest elections - Allahabad High Court bans caste-based rallies in Uttar Pradesh.
12. Veteran Bollywood actor and Dadsaheb Phalke Award winner Pran Krishan Sikand, 93, better known as Pran, passes away· Political parties outraged at Narendra Modis' remarks on 2012 Gujarat riots.
13. Jharkhand Mukti Morcha MLA Heman Soren sworn in as the ninth Chief Minister of Jharkhand.
14. India bids adieu to the telegram 163 years after it was born in Calcutta.
15. The Samajwadi Party dissolves its caste-based cells in U.P.
16. National Sample Survey Organisation says poverty levels in India have decreased by 15 over the last 8 years - Government increases FDI in the telecom sector from 74 per cent to 100 per cent.
17. Twenty-two children die of food poisoning after eating mid-day meal in a primary school in Bihar's Soren district - Whereabouts of the vessel hijacked in Gabonese waters with an all-Indian crew still unknown.
18. Supreme Court declares the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (medical) unconstitutional.
21. As US prepares to withdraw its forces from Afghanistan, India steps up training the Afghan National Army» Over 11 million students expected to benefitfrom the online course to tie offered by C BSE
22. Nobel laureate Amartya Sen disapproves of Modi as India's Prime Minister, doubts his secular credentials.
23. Economic issues dominate US vice-president Joe Biden's talks with Manmohan Singh.
25. A CNN- IBN survey finds out that the public wants political parties to be brought under RTI and CBI to be kept under government· Voters give approval to UPA governments' handling of neighbouring countries.
27. India offers a 100 million credit line to Vietnam to purchase military equipment - India joins China, Canada, Japan and the U.S in signing the Master Partnership Agreement for the production of the $1.5 billion Thirty metre Telescope, which is the world's largest telescope.
29. Suspension of U.P. IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal snowballs into a major controversy.